The Rebirth of Israel. Historical Documents. Volume I: 1882-1918.
|Data wydania:||11 czerwca 2014|
|Rozmiar pliku:||2,8 MB|
The hereby thesis concerns the research on the rebirth of lsrael (1948). The object of the analysis is the research on the actions provided by the Jewish nation, which aim was to create independent country on the Palestine territory. The chronological scope of the thesis ends on the date of 1919 (volume I) and 1939 (volume II).
The aim of the thesis is to present archive documents of the nation’s actions, which resulted in establishing of Israel in 1948. That is the reason why I took up the following documents:
- Firstly, documents of creating the country of Israel in XIX/XX century (volume I) were presented, because only by the prism of the indirect actions we can understand the end effect. Presentation of the international events gives the clear view of the Jewish nation battle over the recovery of the territory for their nation on the Palestine territory. By engagement of the Jewish patriots in the case there is possible to understand why so many countries were interested in the situation of the Near East;
- Secondly, presentation of the situation of Palestine by authority of British (volume II) enabled to understand of the logical cohesion of Zionist activists' actions, which main aim was to make advantage of every arisen political opportunity, in order to realize their aim. Presentation of the battle methods, which aim was the recovery of the country in the unambiguous way presented in the volume II of the thesis. The laborious activity in creating country structures of the Israel before its origin gives the view of Zionists determination, who realized their vision in the uncompromising way. They did not accept, that their aspiration may not come true. That is why, the use of the decision: United Nations on establishing of the country of Israel was accepted by them, even though the shape of the document was not precisely formulated. Zionists' action connected with approval of the country of Israel, was to assure him the existence on the international arena.
Concluding the herby thesis is the attempt to look at the problem from the certain perspective, in order to enable to understand the undertaken actions by the Jewish nation, Zionists and their allies all over the world in the case of establishing independent country of Israel on the Palestine territory.
1. Auto Emancipation (Leon Pinsker, 1882) 6
2. BILU Manifesto (1882) 24
3.The Wrong Way (Ahad Ha’am, 1889) 26
4. An Open Letter to my Brethern in the Spirit (Ahad Ha’am, 1891) 32
5.Anticipations and Survivals (Ahad Ha’am, 1891) 45
6. The Jewish State (Theodor Herzl, 1896) 52
7.The Jewish State and Jewish Problem (Ahad Ha’am, 1897) 104
8. The Jewish Problem and the Socialist Jewish State (Nachman Syrkin, 1898) 117
9.Altneuland (Theodor Herzl, 1902) 121
10. Address at the Sixth Zionist Congress (Max Nordau, 1903) 301
11. National Question and the Class Struggle (Ber Borochor, 1905) 305
12. Survey of Zionism (Max Nordau, 1905) 329
13. Poalei Tziyon – Our Platform (Ber Borochor, 1906) 344
14. The Picture in 1907: Address to the Jewish Colonization Society of Vienna (Arthur Ruppin, 1908) 375
15. True Americanism (Louis D. Brandeis, 1915) 385
16. The Hussein – McMahon Correspondence (1915 – 1916) 390
17. The Economic Development of the Jewish People (Ber Borochov, 1916) 407
18. The Sykes – Picot Agreement (1916) 418
19. Balfour Declaration (1917) 421
20. Poalei Tziyon Peace Manifesto (Ber Borochor, 1917) 422
21. Eretz Israel in our Program and Tactis (Ber Borochor, 1917) 429